Thursday, January 27, 2005

Gross Errors



I am always amazed at the amount of spelling/grammatical errors that I find on websites. I'm not talking about small sites like this one, I'm talking about big sites that see thousands of hits a day. I've seen it all over, MSN.com, ESPN.com, CNN.com, etc. Do these writers even bother to proof-read anymore? It's not like they are writing a novel or anything. I especially like this one I found today right smack dab on the front page of FoxSports.com:

"...Reid and McNabb needed each other to get grow through the tough times..."

"Get grow" huh? Sweet! Now what does it mean!

Here is another I saw today in an article on CNN.com:

"Before his arrested and placed on suicide watch, Alvarez was treated for superficial wounds..."

It's funny because I scrutinize this blog like it's going out of style and I maybe get 3-4 hits a day (sad I know). Yahoo and all the others? They must get hundreds of thousands, if not millions of hits. When what you write is only a paragraph long, proof read it you jackhole. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home