Monday, January 17, 2005

Old Man Syndrome

You reach a certain point in your life where people you see start to look get younger and younger while you get older and older. When I was in high school (almost 10 years ago, damn you for asking!), there were 2 groups of people: The young and the old. Anyone not a student in school was young, everyone else sucked... er... were old. But now... now I don't know where I fall. Am I still young or old or what? I'm kind of in between. At what age do you look at yourself and say "I'm old." See, I don't know if I'll ever be considered "mature" by the National Standards Administration of America. I don't think I'll ever completely act my age, so to speak. Some societal norms don't coincide with my life philosophy. But you know what, thinking younger than you are will keep you young. And when I look at myself in the mirror at age 75 I can still think that I'm young because I think like a young person does. Because mirrors are lying bastards, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home