Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Pitch

My boss is making the big push. Today he offered my a big raise to try and lure me away from my plans to leave his business. I'll tell you this, it was a very good offer. But this is one opportunity I have to let pass me by. At some point you have to understand that a big chunk of your life is work. It's like having a girlfriend (without the sex of course... well maybe some sex...). You don't say "Well my girlfriend is boring, ugly as sin, and stinks but she sure can cook!" Well, it's the same with this job. Making money is very nice and all, but you HAVE to be doing something that makes you happy in the long run. A job is not always going to be peaches and cream, but neither are relationships. It's the good times that make us desire having a relationship in the first place. The same emphasis should be placed upon your job as well.

Besides, seeing my ex-girlfriend here on occasion really blows. Who the hell needs that? Not I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home