Wednesday, March 02, 2005

We Out Of The Order?



Caught this little gem on my phone camera yesterday at Panda Express on my lunch hour. It's a neat little sign posted on the drink dispenser. Not exactly the best use of the English language I have ever seen. After going to places like Japan and seeing the way English is mishandled over there, it's nice to see a little piece of that here in the states. The Japanese call it "Japanese English". I just call it bad (albeit funny as hell). I've also heard it called "Engrish". The example above wouldn't be what I would call "Japanese English" since Panda (S)express primarily serves Chinese food and the people who I have seen working there are not Japanese, that is certain. So a new adjective is needed for this fine piece of art shown above. Any suggestions? I'm leaning toward "Chinglish". Too derogatory? Hmmmm....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home